Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Last Pass Underway

Greetings to you all!

I made a few decisions.

1. The length of the 'edge without a cause' has been determined. It's as long as it's going to get. Not exactly sure in this moment how long that is...but, It's near 4 feet long

2. The combined patterns look like the following...



3. After I finish this edge over the next week and 1/2, I need to take a break.

Embarrassingly, I have tendonitis as a result of tatting.....geesh!

That's a tough one for a guy to admit in public. Therefore, if anyone asks....I got it from heavy lifting in the gym. :-)

I actually do go to the gym frequently and will be working on the strength of my forearms in order to counteract the movement of tatting. Hopefully, I'll be able to tat and strengthen the forearm. Until then.... watch my back....no, really, it's a gym injury.

Have a wonderful day and happy tatting!!
John

16 comments:

  1. Well, Hrumphhh. You’d better hire a new trainer. Shouldn’t get that kind of stress injury on the weights...

    : )) Hope it heals up fast and you can shuttle off to the bar bells again real soon...

    It’s looking mighty fine!
    Fox ; ))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a shame. Hope you get that sorted soon. The tatting is looking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. goodness, sounds like your trainer has you doing too many repeats. better heal up quick.

    your edging looks great. now to find out what to do with it. or do you have a plan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful edging! At almost 4 feet long, are you creating a tatted frame?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tatting is beautiful! I'm sorry about the tendonitis, but I'm sure you'll find a way to make that gym membership work in your favor. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful lace! You have such perfect tension in your tatting.

    Sorry to hear about the tendonitis...I once had a painful case of "ironer's elbow" because I really do enjoy ironing. It takes a little while to clear stuff like that up, here's hoping it gets better quickly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The edging is lovely.
    Hope the tendonitis mends quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, but this post made me giggle. I just started tatting a few weeks ago and noticed I have a new callous(sp?) on my right thumb. Hope your tendonitis goes away soon so you can get back to new and exciting tatting patterns. Very nice edging by the way. I could see that on the opening edge of a pillow case.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog and have to say, your projects are stunning :) Wonderfully intricate work, I hope one day I will be able to tat like this. I am a beginner and looking for inspiration, and have most certainly found it. Will definatley be visting your blog again. Thank you for sharing :) x Georgina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admire your tatting.
    I wish to return to health!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that's incredible. Hope you feel better =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great post using real-world examples. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Impressive ! It's beautiful.
    Louise (needle tatter from France)

    ReplyDelete