Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Prodigal Son Revisited

Wow! It's been almost a year since my last post. I've been unable to tat because of the tendinitis in my right elbow resulting in little blogging info regarding tatting. However, It's been quite a year. Let me try to sum it up quickly...

I had a cancer scare in June of last year...all is clear and there was no cancer.

I broke my foot in September... So, no running for 8 weeks. No tatting, no running....no positive coping mechanisms... So, I ate my way through anxious days.... Gotta love some cookies!

All is well!! I'm running and competing again.

I have always had a fascination for the American Presidency. For those who care about this stuff... And sorry if it offends... I was able to meet our First Lady, Michelle Obama (pictures to follow). I also spontaneously decided to go to the inauguration, drove six hours toward the nation's capital and found a front row spot in the general public section (another pic to follow). Both were amazing experiences I will never forget.

Finally, I have slowly started to tat again. Here is the final product of the "endless edge without a cause".

I believe it will someday be the bottom edge of a christening gown.

The elbow still hurts... I guess it's time for the doctor.

And here are two very important days in my life...
The day before the November elections


Presidential Inauguration 2013

12 comments:

  1. SOOO good to see you back. I'm sorry to hear of all your mishaps and problems, though. I hoped and hoped to meet up with you again at Tat Days last year but sadly you were out of action. Happy tatting and welcome back to Tat Land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back again, I am sorry to hear of your problems and so glad you are though the worse and put the other side.
    Thank you for sharing your photos, I know nothing of the American politics but if they are anything like the UK they argue about nothing.

    I would like to welcome you back to the tatting world, look forward to seeing any new tatting in time, The tatted strip looks lovely and would look beautiful on a christening gown.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back, John. The "endless edge without a cause" is beautiful and would be lovely on a christening gown. Nice to know you've stayed active even with the misshaps. Hope that elbow will heal up correctly and not be a bother. Look forward to more posts from you. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome Back! So good to know you among the living.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A BIG Welcome back John, hope that progress will be made on your elbow, that piece of tatting for a christening gown is just gorgeous.
    So Pleased that you are back with us
    Hugs
    Joy in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back to blogging, and welcome back to better health. Sorry you had so many set backs You should let us all know sooner when things go wrong. Good blessings and wishes always help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better. Thanks for blogging. It was good to hear from you.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to see you back! Quite a year it was for you; wondered where you had got to.

    Yes, thanks for letting us all know.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed you! I'm glad you're well. What a grand time you've had (outside the health crap)!

    I'll be back blogging shortly....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure wish I could have attended and/or been included in thee inauguration events. Hope your personal health issues are now fixed. I know what it's like, I have lots of them myself. Will never give up tatting though...take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know I must admit this. I have been to your page at least 3 times and never once noticed that your name is JOHN. I am super impressed! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete