Monday, August 15, 2011

Attacking the WIP pile

You've seen the tatting....



Now I've got to produce the finished product. My current boss (Rev. Dr. Ophelia) at the hospital was recently ordained. She is a wonderful woman who is greatly respected throughout our city. Recently she was recognized as Charlotte's Woman of the Year. An amazing recognition and well deserved.

I'm honored to have her as my supervisor.

So, I figured I better get this thing done. Here is the 'shell' made of an Icy blue silk. I've got some tacking to do in order to finish the little windows.


Then I'll attach the tatting placed like this...





I hope to be done by the end of the week. I'll post pictures of the completed project. I really want to get a picture of Ophelia wearing the stole.

Lately, all my projects are gifted with one condition....
I want to be able to take them to TAT days. I enjoy sharing my work and seeing that of other tatters.




4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! That stole with your tatting will be SO treasured. I think your supervisor is lucky to have YOU as an employee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be a stunning stole when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be beautiful and a great way to use tatting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be a very beautiful stole and your tatting is beautiful
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete