Friday, October 30, 2020

Pile-O-Knots

Greetings to you all!

Needing a break from the intensity of politics here in the U.S., I’m practicing a television quarantine.  I’ve moved to the second round on the four pass piece for a Christmas stocking. I find a familiar calm in tatting.  

The accompanying picture holds many thoughts.

The small blue case (camera case) was given to me by my father.  He was a kind and gentle man... reminds me of gentle Ben if you are familiar with the fictitious bearded mountain man of the western wilderness.  Early in my life we struggled a lot.  However, I learned he was a powerful man who provided a base for me on which to thrive.  He was one of my greatest supporters through life. 

He and my mom often stopped in Charlotte for a visit. One visit, he was excited to give it to me as a portable kit for my tatting.  It is ideal to hold one project.

We unexpectedly lost Dad To lymphoma in the summer of 2019. As a memorial, I will carry this kit as long as I can.  He was a good man.  In his honor we established the Nance family memorial scholarship at the University of North a Carolina at Charlotte.  We hope to endow the scholarship in the next couple years.  



2 comments:

  1. I love your pile-o-knots! It looks so elegant! How nice it is that you can think of your dad as you keep your tatting projects safe! My dad built me a storage case for my tatting shuttles and told me I was only allowed to collect as many as would fit in the case. Ha! Since then, my sister has given me a lovely storage chest, my husband has built me a lighted storage case for my blinged shuttles, and he also purchased a tall case with drawers from Hobby Lobby to store my shuttles. All are full! I chuckle when I think of Dad's directive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your tatting project, a great bag to keep your tatting safe and let you take it with you when you are out, and a memory of your Dad
    The way your politics overt the pond is I am glad I am in the UK, I would definitely having a television break

    ReplyDelete