Thursday, August 5, 2010

Avoiding the heat

Sooooo....I mailed off my apprentice pieces for the TAT program. I really have enjoyed the learning. The use of split rings was a large part of one piece. As a result, I pulled out Georgia Seitz' Cathedral Window Doily Pattern. It is such a wonderful use of split rings and negative space.



However, as you see, I used bulky thread and therefore the negative space is not as pronounced as I hoped. I will definately tat this pattern again using smaller thread. The tatting went quickly and overall I'm happy with the final project.

yeah, yeah I've still got to block it.



On another note, I'm looking forward to tat days and hope to see many of you there. Please introduce and reintroduce yourselves! I will be attending on Friday only...maybe one of these years I'll be able to stay for the full two days.
Have a great day!
j.

8 comments:

  1. Really pretty piece - nice tatting! Have fun at Tat Days. Wish I could attend.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there, starting Thursday (my ride is a teacher). I have long blond hair, but it will probably be put up, just to get it out of the heat, so I have no idea how you'll recognize me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John,
    Your work looks breath taking good. Black is a great color too. Have fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John, the doily is beautiful! Enjoy tat days. I would love to be there as well... maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done John.I agree with you that it would look nicer in thinner thread.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be sure to say HI to my mom at Tat Days! Her name is Karrieann, and she might be wearing a badge with Dr. Vonthreadmore's picture. You know how mothers are lol......

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was such a pleasure to meet you at Tat Days John!

    Hurray that you are a left-handed tatter. I thought I was the only one!

    Hope you are enjoying the rest of your holiday. And I look forward to seeing more of your tatting soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I came across this picture in a google search. Could you share with me where to find the pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete