Thursday, December 10, 2009

Back on Track

Well, the hospital staff party was a great success and tatting has been on hold for awhile. I became frustrated with the kippahs. The tatting was not the problem. The actual construction of the kippah became a struggle. Not to worry, I'll get back to them. I just needed a break. (anyone else jump from project to project? ;-) I'll post pics of the process later.

BUT...I really needed to pick up the tatting if for no other reason...to relax and enjoy. I still marvel at how therapeutic this craft can be! Here's the newest project. I'm rushing to get one or two Christmas presents ready. I think I've got a new favorite insert.




I'm really happy with this insert because it's quick and quite pretty. It is a creamy yellow, two pass pattern from the Catherina Austin "A New Twist on Tatting" book. It will be attached to the linen hand towel.



SSHhhh....! I think I'm giving it to my niece.

9 comments:

  1. Very pretty insertion! Makes me want to go hunt up that book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one really is beautiful. And a great one for pure enjoyment tatting. Glad to see you are back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift for your niece. The tatting is beautiful!! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a pretty insertion. It's always nice to find a tatting pattern that isn't so challenging, but looks so good.

    Yes, I love my simple edging pattern for unwinding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the memories- tat is a favorite bookmark pattern for me... it is a dream to work on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I have that book (both the paperback and the hardbound book...I'm such a tatting piglet) and I have never wanted to tat that pattern until NOW that I see it here! It's gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete