Saturday, December 12, 2009

AAAAhhhhgggg!

AAAAhhhhhggggg! (ala Charlie Brown)

So, I measured the insert for the linen towel after the first pass. Just right! (yeah right!!). After completing the second pass and placing the insert on the towel it is about 1" too short. I can stretch it to be 'just right' but I've not washed it yet and really believe I've tatted a wonderful book mark and will need to begin again on the insert for the towel. That won't be too bad...it provides me the ability to gift something different. I think I've still got time.

Additionally, my evening with tatting went something like this...

ok. shuttle 2 r:4d+4d-4d-4d cl r
so, I start tatting 4d+ 2d-2d-2d-2d- Arrrggghhh! pick, pick, pick,
so, that's corrected...next time the ring with 4d comes around I tat 3d+3d-3d-3d and cl r ARRRRrrrgghhhh!!! must open ring, must open ring, (I hate opening rings)pick, pick, pick

so, you get the picture...I was a bit preoccupied. HAPPY TATTING!!

9 comments:

  1. Ah, John, we've all been there and got the tshirt too!!! Even an OG like me still does that - loses the plot!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days are harder than others to pay attention to the counts. Been there, don't like spending time there. Better tatting another day! But bookmarks come in handy for gifting, so it's not exactly like lost time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tat a little, pick a little, pick, pick pick! Sorry, I was reminded of a song from The Music Man. I've done the same thing myself, many times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha! Oh, I love your description! I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! LOL! That's when I have to put it down...either for the evening or go eat or do something else and then come back...once my brain hits that point there's no return 'til I satisfy my brain's distraction! LOL!

    Oh, I love Diane's thought from that song from "The Music Man"!

    TAT a little
    PICK a little
    TAT a little
    PICK a little
    pick pick pick pick pick pick pick pick...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yeah! That sounds like my tatting lately. I started a Crinoline Lady for my sis for Christmas, but every time I tried to start the 2nd row, it was 1 mistake after the other. I left it for an easy clover edging for a hanky. I don't tat well when I have a deadline to meet. Sigh... I totally empathise with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I can't get that song outa my head....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's contagious. I've been there way too much lately myself! Last February when tatting an edging for a Valentine tea towel exchange, I couldn't make up my mind which towel to use. Then when I thought I had it all figured out...the edging didn't cooperate - had to go to a different towel that the edging clearly preferred and had prompted me somehow to end at just the precise place. Sometimes the tatting takes control, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you are saying. I get to the point when the scissors come out. Or I just start all over again. I have made some centers 3 or 4 times before I get it right! lol. There is nothing more frustrating, that is why I like to tat when there are no distractions. So I don't tat alittle and pick, pick alittle.

    ReplyDelete