I did it. I spent some time this morning blocking the doily. I soak them in a Tupperware container using Oxyclean. I put them in hot water, seal the container and then every time I pass by I give it a good shake. Then, I rinse and rinse and rinse.
Here it is...
I tried to stretch the doily a bit to see if the thread space will look alright after it dries. The jury is still out on this.
Here's a close-up.
I got a bit artsy with the camera...so, here are a few pics
I'll be posting again tomorrow to show the blocked project and show you the humorous journey I've been on to tat the Perfect medallion to attach to the outer round. It's been frustrating and humorous at the same time...so, until then, have a wonderful day!